Private Sessions are for the person who wants to take a more active role in their overall health by developing a home yoga practice. With individualized instruction, specific to your body type and current condition, Elizabeth offer’s a uniquely designed program that will bring you back into balance and feeling great!
Proper alignment is a self-help skill that will clear chronic pain, create more flexibility and build strength, as well as improve special conditions like heart and respiratory problems, arthritis, and hypertension, insomnia, migraines, and muscular tension to name a few.
Elizabeth will build a program for you to practice at home, that will bring relief and improve the quality of your life. Yoga therapy is for the person who is willing to do the practice on a regular basis and recognizes that one day a week is not enough to stay pain free – it is that simple. Pain can often be a powerful motivator to do the practice. When we discover yoga’s ultimate cure, a calm body and a peaceful mind, we stick with it, unlike exercise fads.
Your first visit will require two hours for the entire process, beginning with an assessment of your condition and discussion of your personal goals and expectations, what do you want or need from yoga and what are you willing to do, (time and action), to accomplish your goal.
Therapeutic techniques and adjustments are made to improve overall alignment and redirect the flow of fascia and prana in the body. The result is more freedom and an energetic boost. A program of yoga poses and yoga ball work are designed specifically to serve your needs and fulfill your goals.
A regular yoga practice and its therapies are extremely effective in clearing a multitude of conditions when cultivated with a positive attitude, (most important), with diligence and awareness of alignment, you can expect immediate result’s; you will leave feeling much better than when you arrived.
Some Important Details:
* Wear comfortable stretchy clothing, leggings, for visible leg alignment, and a tank top for women, a close fitting t-shirt for men, (so it does not ride up), and shorts
* Drink plenty of water an hour before and not within fifteen minutes of practice, you can bring water as well
* Meal, two hours is required to digest a medium sized meal before yoga
* Remove your watch before practice, it affects energy and stamina. * Bring an open mind
* Time, give yourself plenty of time to get to Yoga Mandara, so that you are calm and relaxed on arrival
* The studio is down the garden path, through the gate, and first door to your left
Make an appointment by calling or texting: 301-529-8126, or e-mail:
Fee: $90 per hour- One hour minimum, billed in 15 minute increments, after one hour.
Recommended first time visit: 2 hours- $150- (first two hour session is discounted). Includes assessment, building a program, and practice.
Inquiry about pricing for duets and special groups, contact Elizabeth Cosgrove, E-RYT 500, IAYT, International Association of Yoga Therapists; Founder and Director of Yoga Mandara and Mount Mandara School of Yoga using the action bar below.